Sulfaflux are a range of H2S scavenger’s that are completely soluble and highly effective in either the oil phase or water phase or a combination of both. Sulfaflux treatment range are part of the Chemiphase hydrogen sulphide gas chemical oilfield services range. Sulfaflux has been proven to outperform conventional chemical solutions and has shown to be a cost effective method of treatment for H2S in crude oil or gas.
To achieve an effective H2S Scavenger it will depend on the product dissolves and the time taken to react. Sulfaflux products have been shown to quickly dissolve into the fluid containing the offending H2S and then very quickly react with the scavenger molecules. It is this calculation that is used by Chemiphase when designing a suitable product.
When determining the correct Sulfaflux Treatment by the Chemiphase Technical Team, the following parameters will be assessed.
- Design of system and typical flow rates.
- Operating Temperatures
- Contact Time & Mixing Available
- Analysis of Carrying Fluid
Benefits of Sulfaflux
- Sulfaflux will not increase the corrosion rates of the fluids it is used in when combating H₂S levels.
- Sulfaflux has been shown not create Calcium Scale Deposits when applied which is unlike conventional water based H2S Solutions.
- Sulfaflux will not create increased levels of foaming when administered. Sulfaflux is a very stable and is easy to apply.
- Sulfaflux has a very high stable temperature profile which allows Sulfaflux to be used in either the Oil Phase or Water Phase. Sulfaflux can be used in treatment systems up to 150°C without the product destabilising and beginning to decompose.
- Sulfaflux products can be either 100% Water Soluble or 100% Oil Soluble or Soluble in both phases. The correct Sulfaflux product is determined by the Chemiphase Technical Team when assessing the treatment parameters.
- Sulfaflux products are compatible with the following materials : Carbon Steel, Mild Steel, Stainless Steel 304 & 316. No significant changes with HD PE & PP, PTFE, VITON & EPDM.
For information on the Sulfaflux™ range or to request samples or an on-site Liquid Sparge Test analysis please contact us.