Chemiphase have developed an extensive and innovative range of cooling tower water treatment chemicals, formulated for the treatment of water across a range of cooling water treatment.
All the Chemiphase products in the cooling tower water treatment chemicals range have undergone extensive laboratory and field testing, and as such offer cutting edge solutions for the problems associated with industrial boiler systems. Employing a Chemical treatment in your boiler system has been shown to;
Chemiphase cooling water treatment chemicals improve the system efficiency, reduce fuel, operating and maintenance costs, minimise maintenance and downtime & protect equipment from corrosion and extend equipment lifetime. For more information on our cooling tower water treatment chemicals please contact us.
Cooling water treatment chemicals are used to control and prevent various issues in cooling water systems, such as scaling, corrosion, fouling, and microbiological growth. The specific range of chemicals used can vary based on the type of cooling system, water quality, and operational conditions. Here are some common cooling water treatment chemicals:
Chemiphase Range of Cooling Water Treatment Chemicals
- Corrosion Inhibitors: These chemicals protect metal surfaces in cooling systems from corrosion caused by the presence of dissolved oxygen and other corrosive agents.
- Scale Inhibitors/Antiscalants: Scale inhibitors prevent the formation of mineral scales (e.g., calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate) on heat transfer surfaces, which can reduce heat transfer efficiency.
- Dispersants: Dispersants help to break down and disperse solid particles and organic matter, preventing fouling and reducing the potential for scale formation.
- Biocides: Biocides control the growth of bacteria, algae, and other microorganisms in the cooling water, preventing biofouling and microbial-induced corrosion.
- pH Adjusting Chemicals: These chemicals are used to maintain the desired pH level in the cooling water, as proper pH control is essential for effective scale and corrosion control.
- Oxidizing Biocides: Oxidizing agents like chlorine or bromine-based chemicals are used for shock treatment to eliminate stubborn microbiological growth.
- Non-Oxidizing Biocides: These biocides offer long-term microbial control without the oxidizing properties, reducing the risk of corrosion.
- Chelating Agents: Chelating agents are used to sequester metal ions (e.g., calcium, magnesium, iron) in the cooling water, reducing the risk of scale formation and corrosion.
- Alkalinity Builders: These chemicals help maintain adequate alkalinity levels in the cooling water, which is important for corrosion control.
- Non-Phosphorus Scale and Corrosion Inhibitors: Environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional phosphorus-based inhibitors.
- Defoamers/Antifoaming Agents: Defoamers help control foam formation in cooling systems, which can interfere with proper heat transfer.
- pH Buffers: Buffers stabilize the pH level of the cooling water, preventing rapid fluctuations that could impact system performance.
It's important to note that the selection and application of cooling water treatment chemicals should be done with careful consideration of the specific cooling system and water quality requirements. Proper water analysis, system monitoring, and consultation with water treatment professionals are essential to design an effective and safe cooling water treatment program. Additionally, many cooling water treatment products are available as blends or formulations that combine multiple functionalities to address different challenges simultaneously.
All of these products are availble, if you would like more information please contact us here