Sodium Hydroxide / NaOH Pearl / Caustic
Sodium Hydroxide Pearl Grade in Standard grade Lye / Sodium Hydroxide / NaOH. Sodium hydroxide, also known as lye and caustic soda, is an inorganic compound with formula NaOH. It is a white solid, a salt (ionic compound), consisting of sodium cations Na+ and hydroxide anions OH−. Sodium hydroxide is a highly caustic base and alkali, that decomposes proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures and may cause severe chemical burns. It is highly soluble in water and readily absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from the air.
Specification of Sodium Hydroxide
- Product Caustic Soda Prills
- Size 0.25 - 1.3mm diameter
- Appearance White deliquescent spheres
- NaOH Min (On Dry Basis)
- NaCl 0.022% weight (max)
- Na2CO3 0.94% weight (max)
- Na2SO4 0.038% weight (max)
- Fe 5 ppm weight (max)
- Ni pic-up 3 ppm weight (max)
Uses of Sodium Hydroxide / Caustic
- Cleaning agent - Caustic Soda is frequently used for cleaning in both industrial and domestic environments, once added to water it can dissolve grease, oils, fats and protein based deposits, making it very useful for cleaning ovens and clearing blocked drains.
- Soap Making - Caustic Soda is used in the making of soap and is often referred to as Lye.
- Biodiesel austic soda is used for the manufacture of biodiesel, caustic soda is used as a catalyst for the transesterification of methanol and trigcerides.
- Chemical Pulping - Caustic Soda is used in the pulping of wood to manufacture paper or regenerated fibers.
Shipping Information for UK Customers
Carriage to a UK Mainland address and VAT is already included in the price. This types of product is classified as hazardous and as such will be sent on a overnight carrier. A signature will be required on delivery. Once your order has been placed and the product has been shipped, you will be sent an email with the tracking information included which will allow you to track the item and adjust if required.
All products manufactured by Chemiphase are developed under strict ISO 9001 conditions.
Chemiphase work with industry worldwide delivering practical, cost effective solutions to resolve complex problems. If you require technical assistance, or information about our products, please contact our dedicated technical support team on:
+44 (0) 1704 894808 or complete our Technical Support form.